ALLFIE’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Disabled People’s Education campaign
ALLFIE continues to challenge measures which disrupt Disabled people’s rights to education, including government’s COVID-19 legislation, which raises concerns for Disabled learners in mainstream education. This page covers:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Briefings
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Submissions
ALLFIE’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Briefings
- July Inclusive Education newsletter – summer
Welcome to our summer campaigns news
- May Queen’s Speech 2021 Briefing
Inclusive education and COVID-19 recovery
- April COVID-19 Inclusive Education guide
ALLFIE co-produced this guide to help Disabled students and their families navigate mainstream education during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- March Restore Disabled People’s Rights: Letter to the Secretary of State for Education
Our joint letter to the Education Minister, urging him to lift Children and Families Act easements (under the Coronavirus Act), for Disabled children and Young people.
- March Restoring Disabled People’s Rights: Coronavirus ‘Protect Everyone’ Bill
The ‘Protect Everyone’ Bill – please write to your MP ahead of the Bill debate.
- February February 2021: Inclusive Education Briefing
Coronavirus and Disabled learners: ALLFIE’s 2021 campaign news.
- December ALLFIE’s December Inclusive Education Newsletter
COVID-19 campaign news, including ALLFIE’s SEND All Party Parliamentary Group submission
- November Providing Remote Education for Disabled Pupils
An update and Call to Action: Please complete ALLFIE’s survey on ‘Providing Remote Education for Disabled Pupils’.
- October Coronavirus Vital Education, Training and Childcare Provisions: Remote Education
A legal update, plus temporary Government directions around remote education, training and childcare provisions
- September Restore the Education Rights of Disabled People
Support our campaign to restore disabled people’s rights and scrap Coronavirus Act easements once and for all! A call to action and briefing ahead of the House of Commons debate.
- August ALLFIE Survey Report: Coronavirus Impact on Disabled People’s Education
Findings of our Inclusive Education Survey into the education impact for Disabled pupils and students during lockdown.
- July ALLFIE Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Important changes to the Children and Families Act 2014; Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessments and plans; Schools Admissions Code consultation.
- June Covid-19 and Disabled Peoples’ Education Update
Further changes in education for Disabled pupils and students; Newly published Government guidance on schools re-opening; ALLFIE’s position plus how to help us and have your say.
- May Covid-19 and Inclusive Education
Further changes to UK Government legislation and their impact on Disabled people’s education, plus what ALLFIE is doing to avoid greater gaps in education emerging between Disabled and non-disabled people as a result.
- April Coronavirus Act 2020 and Disabled Learners
The UK Government’s emergency legislation including what the Coronavirus Act 2020 is, what it means for Disabled learners, and what you can do – a call to action.
- March 2020 Coronavirus and Disabled People’s Education
UK Coronavirus Bill, what action ALLFIE is taking and what you can do.
- March 2020 Coronavirus Bill Debate 23 March 2020
ALLFIE Coronavirus (COVID-19) Submissions
- Education Committee Inquiry: Impact of COVID-19 on Education and Children’s Services
- Joint Committee on Human Rights Inquiry on The Government’s Response to COVID-19: Human Rights Implications
- Women and Equalities Committee Inquiry: Unequal impact? Coronavirus, disability and access to services
- Children’s Commissioner for England: Covid-19 and Disabled Children’s Education