ALLFIE’s Coronavirus (Covid-19) and Disabled People’s Education campaign
ALLFIE continues to challenge measures which disrupt Disabled people’s rights to education, including emergency Government Covid-19 legislation which raises concerns for Disabled learners in mainstream education. This page covers:
- ALLFIE’s Coronavirus (Covid-19) Briefings
- ALLFIE’s Coronavirus (Covid-19) Submissions
ALLFIE’s Coronavirus (Covid-19) Briefings
- October Coronavirus Vital Education, Training and Childcare Provisions: Remote Education
A legal update, plus temporary Government directions around remote education, training and childcare provisions
- September Restore the Education Rights of Disabled People
Support our campaign to restore disabled people’s rights and scrap Coronavirus Act easements once and for all! A call to action and briefing ahead of the House of Commons debate.
- August ALLFIE Survey Report: Coronavirus Impact on Disabled People’s Education
Findings of our Inclusive Education Survey into the education impact for Disabled pupils and students during lockdown.
- July ALLFIE Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Important changes to the Children and Families Act 2014; Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessments and plans; Schools Admissions Code consultation.
- June Covid-19 and Disabled Peoples’ Education Update
Further changes in education for Disabled pupils and students; Newly published Government guidance on schools re-opening; ALLFIE’s position plus how to help us and have your say.
- May Covid-19 and Inclusive Education
Further changes to UK Government legislation and their impact on Disabled people’s education, plus what ALLFIE is doing to avoid greater gaps in education emerging between Disabled and non-disabled people as a result.
- April Coronavirus Act 2020 and Disabled Learners
The UK Government’s emergency legislation including what the Coronavirus Act 2020 is, what it means for Disabled learners, and what you can do – a call to action.
- March Coronavirus and Disabled People’s Education
UK Coronavirus Bill, what action ALLFIE is taking and what you can do.
- March Coronavirus Bill Debate 23 March 2020
ALLFIE Coronavirus (Covid-19) Submissions
- Education Committee Inquiry: Impact of COVID-19 on Education and Children’s Services
- Joint Committee on Human Rights Inquiry on The Government’s Response to COVID-19: Human Rights Implications
- Women and Equalities Committee Inquiry: Unequal impact? Coronavirus, disability and access to services
- Children’s Commissioner for England: Covid-19 and Disabled Children’s Education