Our work with Disabled People’s Organisations
What is the Inclusion Champions Network?
Inclusion Champions is a network of Disabled people’s organisations (DPOs) who work together for the right of disabled children and young people to be fully included in mainstream education. We follow the principles of inclusive education, the social model of disability, independent living and equality legislation including the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Become an Inclusion Champion
Becoming an Inclusion Champion is easy – just contact our Inclusion Champions Coordinator. To become a member your organisation must be or aspire to be a disabled person led organisation.
Benefits of membership
- Access to training and support around inclusive education
- Support with bid writing and fundraising applications
- Help with setting up networks of young disabled people
- Help with enabling parents to set up peer support groups
- Support with campaign strategy
- Access to a range of toolkits on engaging young disabled people and schools/other education settings
- Insightful meetings and networking opportunities with other members of the network
Our Inclusion Champions FAQ has more information about inclusive education and its relevance to what DPOs do on a daily basis.