Job Vacancy: Communications Officer (part time)
We are looking for a skilled communications officer, £25-30k (inc London weighting) depending on experience per annum on a pro rata basis for 16 hours per week
- Salary: £25-30k (inc London weighting) depending on experience per annum on a pro rata basis for 16 hours per week
- Location: Brixton, London
- Contract: Fixed term until March 2020
The Alliance for Inclusive Education (ALLFIE) campaigns for disabled children and young people and those with SEN to be in mainstream education, rather than segregated into special schools, colleges or apprenticeship schemes. We believe inclusive education is the foundation of lifelong social inclusion and equality. We are run by disabled people.
We are looking for a skilled Communications Officer. Key duties are:
- Website management with WordPress
- Social media management
- Print design and layout using InDesign and managing the print production process
- Broad responsibility for maximising the impact of the charity’s communications across digital and print
We are looking for someone who can do the above as well as having:
- Excellent written communication skills
- An understanding of web/print accessibility
- Understanding of disability from the social model perspective, ideally with lived experience of disability
This will be a fixed term contract until March 2020 with possibility of extension.
To apply: please download the application pack:
- 1. Job Description – Communications Officer August 2019
- 2. Communications Officer Person Specification
- 3. Application Guidance Notes
- 4. Personal Data Consent Form
- 5. Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
Return your CV and the data consent and recruitment monitoring forms to email@example.com together with a covering letter of no more than two sides of A4 outlining how you meet the person specification. Please do apply even if you are not sure whether you fit all the essential criteria. We are looking to recruit as soon as possible so recruitment will be on a rolling basis.
ALLFIE is committed to equality and diversity of human rights. We welcome applications from applicants who have personal experience of disability so if you are a disabled person and we need to make any adjustments to our recruitment process to enable you to apply for this role please let us know. ALLFIE has flexible hours and a working from home policy.